Friday, August 16, 2013

Blogger Spotlight: Interview with This Girl Reads A Lot & Update

Long time, no blog.  But that is changing as of this post, because I have so many new things happening.  Can I get some excitement for this, please?  




This month has been busy with finishing edits for Bottom-Feeder, sending it to my beautiful, awesome, Hulk Smash-my-commas Beta Readers, and fixing the issues they found. 

Maybe I'm biased, but my Beta Readers are pretty much amazing.




I've interviewed Indie authors here in the past, but never another blogger.  I am starting a new Spotlight section on this blog where I will feature bloggers, authors, and fellow book nerds.  I want to thank Jazmen at This Girl Reads A Lot for introducing me to this idea, which is why she will be my first interview.  

Let's do the dang thing, y'all.  






1)  Tell us about your blog:  Who, what, where, when, why, how, and everything in between you wish to share.  We're curious people around here. 

I started blogging a few months ago in early June.  I started blogging because it allows me to combine two of my greatest loves, reading and writing.  I want to be able to use my blog as a tool to connect with other readers, authors and publishers. I hope to manage to develop this into a career of some sort.  Not as a blogger, but in publishing.

2)  E-reader, hardcover, or paperback?  Why?

I love hardcover, preferably over paperback and eBook because it's sturdier and looks fantastic shelved.

3)  Top five authors and/or books?

-Hands down, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin(That book is eerily romantic, and all around amazing.

-The Maze Runner by James Dashner (made me fall in love with both science fiction and young adult literature)

-Quarantine by Lex Thomas

-Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

-Almost by Anne Elliot

Maria's Note:  The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is ah-mazing.  My feels still aren't the same.  Also, Wallbanger is hilarious!  Discretion is advised for those who are opposed to humor and schmexy time.  


4)  Do you write outside of blogging?  If so, what do you write?  Are you, or do you hope to be, published? 

 I do write outside of blogging. I'm writing a story I started on instagram, a sci-fi I started as a writing challenge with other instagrammers which slowly became completely my own. It's a work in progress but I've been told it's pretty good. :)

I do want to be published. I want at least one book on the New York Times bestseller list. That's my goal.

Maria's Note:  I started reading this with my old Instagram account, and yes, it is really good.  If you have an Instagram account, check out Jazmen's story.  (link below)

5)  Any weird habits?  Pet peeves? 


 I'm a pretty regular girl. I don't have many strange habits except I ocassionally will bust out into dance or song. I like to make people laugh but, I'm no comedian. I hate long nails on guys, and I can't stand the sound of people chewing. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

6)  Any other social media where we can find you?

I can almost always be found on Instagram: @obsessivecompulsivereader
Goodreads: jazmen_
and Twitter: @thisgirlreadsal











1 comment: