Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review for Sanguis City by Morgan Jane Mitchell

Purchase Sanguis City





Genre: Adult Paranormal Fantasy

Release Date:  July 29, 2013

Spoilers:  Hush your dirty mouth! I don't do such things.


Note:  Sanguis City is an Adult Paranormal Fantasy with graphic sex, mature language, and violence.  If this is your sort of thing, keep on truckin' through this review, Pumpkin.  If not, we should probably part ways until next time.  Need me to make you a sandwich for your trip?  No?  Okay. 


I am so excited to get into my opinion of Sanguis City, click on over and read the synopsis here.

Now.  Here goes.



How do you survive The End?


Become a Doomsday Prepper?

Um, okay.  How about if you're rich and powerful?


Well.  How about if you're a smexy Bleeder named Lilanoir Rue, a cross between vampire and human who is a product of her environment and a byproduct of the world’s destruction and she's pretty much amazing?

You get a prize of a high five. 





Another vampire novel, Maria?  You went there?  

Dern skippy I went there. 

Don’t fight it.  Just let it happen. 

Sanguis City is not your average vampire novel, ladies and gentlemen.  There’s no brooding female needing to get bitten to confirm her life.  There's no super hot vamp--Oh, wait.  Yes, there's that.  But you'll like that part.  Trust me.



What we have in this book is Noir.  And she’s pretty much a hot mess.  You will love her for that, because I certainly did.  The author made her seem relatable in a genre that is sometimes difficult to relate to.  Noir has always been an outsider; she should be brooding.  She should be bitter and resentful.  But she's none of that.  She's looking for love and justice and does what she has to do to find both.

The book wasn't difficult for me to get into at all.  I point this out because I am pretty jaded from the mass amount of paranormal and fantasy on the market these days.  

Sanguis City is one of those stories you don't just read, you become involved emotionally and physically (yes, physically . .  . just . . . I can't say why just, I mean, you have to read it).  The main characters are developed well, and there is just the right amount of development in the supporting characters to make you not question what's going on or why this or that is happening.  There is so much going on in this novel, and the author lays out the story in a way that is just brilliant and enjoyable.  I cannot wait until the next book.

Oh, right.  I didn't mention.  This is definitely going to be a series.

Yes, there’s a cliffhanger.  Yes, you’re going to be sad about the cliffhanger.  But you know what?  You’re going to pull your big girl panties up, belt those bad boys and hang on for the next installment with a smile on your face.  

See what I did there?  A little positivity for you in these dark times of cliffhangers.  


Well get out those rocketship undies and keep it--


You know what?  I'm not Dr. Phil and I can't sort through your dramatics in a book review.  So you're just going to need to grab a copy of Sanguis City for yourself and be patient.  If you already have a copy, read it again to fulfill your fix.  You're welcome.

Find Morgan Jane:





WHAT I'M LISTENING TO


Patty Walters cover of This is Gospel











No comments:

Post a Comment