Wednesday, March 6, 2013

YA Highway


Not sure about Road Trip Wednesday?  Well how about you just click on over to YAHighway and see what all the fuss is about!  Why?  Because that's what awesome people do.  You're welcome. 

YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday topic for this week is:

Quarterly check-ins!  We’re already ¼ of the way through the year—where are you on your reading and writing goals?

According to Goodreads, I am 12 books ahead of schedule for my goal of 105 books this year.  Yayyyyy!  I am really hoping I can keep this up because I did not meet my goal last year.  Boooooooooo!  I have strayed a tinysmalljustalittlebit away from strictly YA and ventured into other genres.  Those other genres aren't so bad--and I'm even venturing my writing into the aforementioned genres--but I tend to always go back to YA.  That is my comfort zone, my pillow and mattress fort. 

After our move to Fort Knox, my writing is in bit of a slump.  I do write a little bit each day, and have found if I have a notebook and a pen I will write more often than if I start out on the computer.  Does this make me old school?  



My goal for my upcoming spring break is to writewritewrite! Did I mention write?  Yeah.  A lot of that.  Do any of you have that one project you've been working on for so long that you're afraid to even take a glimpse in its direction because it will distract you from everything else?  That is my number one problem as far as my writing goes.  It's like I can't fully develop my other characters because I keep returning to Those Characters on That Project.  Go ahead.  Call me a weenie.  I'll allow it.  



What I'm Listening To:
Ron Pope "A Drop in the Ocean"



No comments:

Post a Comment